1. This association shall be called the "Castleford and District Football Association" and shall be affiliated with and directly under the control of the West Riding County Football Association. The area of the association shall be defined by the West Riding County Football Association.
West Riding County Affiliation Fee
The above must be paid to the Secretary of the West Riding County FA before commencing to play.
2. The Association shall consist of such Competitions and Clubs as the West Riding County Football Association shall approve, and the Association shall cover a defined area which shall not be extended or altered without the consent of the West Riding County Football Association.
3. The Management committee shall be constituted as follows:
President, Life Members, six Vice-Presidents, Honorary Secretary, and six representatives of the Clubs affiliated to the Association, these shall be nominated and elected by ballot vote, by the Clubs and Management committee members present at the Annual General Meeting of the Association.
The qualification of a Life Member to be ten years service, and for a Vice-President three years service.
The President and Secretary / Treasurer to be elected at the Annual General Meeting. The Vice-President shall be elected from members of Management committee at the first meeting of the Management committee.
In the event of any member of Management committee other than Life Members being absent for three consecutive meetings, regardless of apologies he / she shall be dealt with by the rest of the Management committee and if his / her seat becomes vacant they shall have the power to fill any vacancy that may occur that season. The Management committee shall have the power to review any position they deem necessary.
Local District Representation
4. This Association shall appoint representatives to the West Riding County Football Association Management committee, who shall be elected by the District Association Management committee before 31st day of May in each year.
Duties and Privileges
5. The Association shall be responsible to the West Riding County Football Association for the action of its Clubs and Player, Officials and Spectators, and shall take all precautions necessary in conjunction with its Clubs, to prevent spectators threatening or assaulting officials or players during or at the conclusion of matches.
The Association shall have the power to control, conduct and manage its own Competitions, and see that all Clubs conform to the Rules and Regulations of the Football Association.
The Association shall have the power to suspend Clubs for non-payment of fees, fines, etc.
6. The Annual General Meeting shall be held not later than May 31st in each year. Each Club having paid its affiliation fee for the past or ensuing season, shall be entitled to send a representative to this and all other General meetings of the Association. No two Clubs shall be represented by the same individual. The Management committee shall be entitled to vote at all Annual and Special General Meetings. At the request, in writing, of one-forth of the members of the Association, the Management committee shall call a Special General Meeting at ten days notice.
7. The members of any Club or Competition concerned in a complaint, or in any dispute whatsoever shall not be eligible to sit on the Management committee while the said complaint or dispute is being discussed.
8. No player, or Club affiliated to this Association shall be allowed to play in unaffiliated football.
9. Any Club competing for any prize offered by private individual or individuals, if the net proceeds do not go to some affiliated football Club or Clubs, Charity or Charities, shall cease to be members of this Association, unless the Club obtains consent of the Management committee before playing for such a prize. No club belonging to this Association, or player of such Clubs shall take part in football contests or any practice matches between teams of the same Club during the closed season.. No gate money can be taken at practice matches out of season except for Charities.
10. The Officers of the Association shall be empowered to carry out the work of the Association until the Management committee is appointed.
11.The Management committee (or any committee appointed by them to investigate and decide upon any matter) shall have the power to punish any Club, Official or Player of the same, or members the Management committee, by expulsion, fine or otherwise as they may think fit. Should any of the parties enumerated above be found to have been guilty of any breach of rules of this Association, or of the Football Association - but not for breach of Laws of the Game.
Responsibility of Clubs
12. Every Club or Competition is responsible to the Management committee for the action of its Players, Officials and Spectators. Clubs and Competitions are further required to take all precautions necessary to prevent spectators threatening or assaulting Officials or Players during or at the conclusion of matches.
13. The Management committee shall have the first claim in the service of any Player or Official of the Castleford and District Football Association for its official matches.
Call on Clubs.
14.All Clubs affiliated with the Association shall, if called upon, place their ground at the disposal of the Management committee for one match each season
15. Fines imposed by the Association shall be paid within fourteen days of receipt of notification. Any club failing to do so shall have the fine doubled and may be suspended and / or expelled from all the competitions governed by the Association and its committees and its players may be referred to the West Riding County Football Association.
16. Any club can appeal against a decision of this Management committee. All appeals must be made to the West Riding County Football Association, in accordance with rule 5 of the County handbook.
17. District Associations shall have the power to organize cup competitions approved by the West Riding County Football Association, subject to rule 22 of the County Association.
18. A balance sheet which shall be duly audited shall be submitted, if required, to the West Riding County Football Association for confirmation.
19. The minutes and proceedings of the Association shall be submitted if required to the West Riding County Football Association for confirmation.
Alteration to rules.
20. Proposed alterations must be made on or before April 1st, in writing to the secretary of the Castleford and District Football Association.
21. The income and property of the Association shall be at their complete disposal, providing that such income and property shall be applied solely towards the objects of the Football Association as set out in its memorandum of Association. The funds of the Association shall be lodged with a bank or building society in the name of the financial secretary and Trustees of the Association. Three Auditors shall be appointed annually. Any trophies of the Association and such other effects or assets as may be acquired from time to time, shall be held in trust by the President and Secretary of the Association who shall for all intents and purposes be their legal owners. Should the Association become defunct then its surplus assets shall be applied by the West Riding County Football Association in liquidating any liability of the Association. If the surplus assets shall be sufficient to liquidate such liability, then the balance shall be disposed in accordance with rule 8 of the Football Association Regulations applying to the club companies. If such assets shall be insufficient to liquidate the Associations liabilities, then a levy shall be made on the clubs in the area to produce a sum sufficient to do this.
22. The Association shall have power to add rules applicable to their area, subject to approval of the West Riding County Football Association.
23. In all other respects the Association shall be governed and guided by the rules of the West Riding County Football Association on points of issue.
24. The Management committee shall have the power to grant expenses prior to the Annual General Meeting.
All clubs when paying fines or charges MUST enclose a stamped addressed envelope for return of receipt. Failure to do so shall result in an administration charge of £8 being made.